The Scottish Government consulted on housing support for homeless households and, following consultation with members, Glasgow Homelessness Network has submitted a final response. The key elements of the response were:
- That the duty on local authorities is commenced and regulations established on the assessment and provision of housing support;
- That Scottish Ministers should prescribe the types of inquiries Local Authorities must carry out in determining the housing support required;
- That Scottish Ministers should specify matters to which Local Authorities must have regard in carrying out the assessment;
- That Scottish Ministers should prescribe the housing support services for which an applicant is to be assessed;
- That guidance should be produced covering key issues such as the assessment process, discharge of duty, the provision of housing support and homelessness prevention.