GHN responded to the Scottish Parliament’s Call for Evidence on Homelessness. Our key points are:
- Every case of homelessness in Scotland is an emergency. We need to change and simplify our overly-complex homelessness system to respond with urgency;
- The local authority-led ‘Housing Options’ approach is making strides and provides the ideal foundation for building further change;
- Scaling up the ‘Housing First’ rapid rehousing model is the practical change needed for people sleeping rough and facing multiple disadvantage.
And bring forward:
- The housing activists and commentators, who should never stop asking difficult questions. People care about homelessness, and we need their fresh perspective;
- The unique insight of people with lived experience of homelessness who are allies in the fight against homelessness in Scotland.
You can read our full response here